- TAG-Ed Events
- Contact Us
Summer Internship ProgramFri, 07/16/2010 - 12:14am — admin
NEW! Want to know what a high school student can achieve?
Read about our successful students on the Intern Wall of Fame!
About the Program:
The TAG-Ed Summer Internship Program provides high-achieving students with strong STEM aptitude and interest real-world experiences. Students are placed in companies interested in investing in STEM talent and impacting the future technology workforce. Matches are based on related interests, qualifications, and project requirements.
The internship is for five (5) consecutive weeks, with interns working an average 20-30 hours/week. Students are paid $200 per week by their host company at the end of the completed assignment.
What can a high school student do?
Our most frequently asked question by potential host companies is, "What kind of projects can a high school student even do?" TAG-Ed interns are carefully screened and matched based on the host company's application. These are not your average students — many have 4.0 GPAs, incredible extracurricular involvements, and most importantly, a passion for STEM careers. By being a mentor, you are shaping a student's career path and strengthening Georgia’s future workforce.
Student Requirements for Participation:
- Student applicants must be 16+ years old to participate. Recent graduates and college freshmen are encouraged to apply.
- Interns must complete a minimum five-week assignment.
- Upon completion, interns agree to act as a student mentor for future applicants. We may request interns to speak or participate in TAG-Ed internship events and provide testimonials. Additionally, we ask the intern to periodically provide updates about their education and career progression in order to track the impact of our program.
Company Requirements for Participation:
- Companies contribute a $1,000 stipend to the student for the internship.
- Companies must offer student mentoring and feedback to the school’s internship coordinator.
- January 21 – Applications Open
- Late April - June: Internship placement process begins
- June 3 – August 5, 2013 - Internship timeframe, 5 week minimum internship period