- TAG-Ed Events
- Contact Us
Summer Internship ProgramFri, 07/16/2010 - 1:14am — admin
TAG Education Collaborative
Summer Internship Program 2013
REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN FOR STUDENT AND HOST COMPANY APPLICATIONS:
April 26, 2013: Students, we appreciate your patience during our matching process. We have received over 300 student applications and our goal is to place 140 students. Interviews are beginning to take place and will continue throughout June. Do not be discouraged if you have not received any notification of your status; you will be contacted if you are selected as a potential candidate.
About the Program
- Download the Program Overview [right click, "save link as"]
The Summer Internship Program allows students to develop STEM workplace experience in order to deliver a diverse pool of talent to future STEM careers. High school juniors and seniors (including recent graduates) are matched with technology companies for a comprehensive, 5-week internship opportunity. Matches are based off of student interest and company needs.
What can a high school student do?
Our most frequently asked question by potential host companies is, "What kind of projects can a high school student even do?" TAG-Ed interns are carefully screened and matched based on the host company's application. These are not your average students — many have 4.0 GPAs, incredible extracurricular involvements, and most importantly, a passion for STEM careers. By being a mentor, you are shaping a student's career path and strengthening Georgia’s future workforce.
Want to know more? Check out the TAG-Ed Intern Profile.
For more information, please contact Sherri von Berhen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- January 21 – Applications Open
- Late April - June: Internship placement process begins
- June 3 – August 5, 2013 - Internship timeframe, 5 week minimum internship period
Student Requirements for Participation:
- Student applicants must be 16+ years old to participate. Recent graduates and college freshmen are encouraged to apply.
- Interns must complete a minimum five-week assignment.
- Upon completion, interns agree to act as a student mentor for future applicants. We may request interns to speak or participate in TAG-Ed internship events and provide testimonials. Additionally, we ask the intern to periodically provide updates about their education and career progression in order to track the impact of our program.
Company Requirements for Participation:
- Companies contribute a $1,000 stipend to the student for the internship.
- Companies must offer student mentoring and feedback to the school’s internship coordinator.